Sunday, April 5, 2009

Airport visit

This past weekend I had the pleasure of visiting my adult sons in another state. (Why they moved away from beautiful New Haven IN is beyond me) When I arrived at Fort Wayne International Airport and experienced the familiarity of TSA, I then headed to my gate on the upper level. At that point I realized a past experience long gone. Standing at the windows and seeing all of the runways in front of me, airplane enthusiasts no longer may go to the airport and just watch the airplanes takeoff and land. Off in the distance is the 122nd Wing of the Air National Guard with several F-16s sitting on the flight line (soon to be replaced with A-10s). Those are neat to watch!

If the airport really wanted to attract patrons back to the airport, they should provide an observation area. An area that is secure, not subject to the TSA, and has a convenient view of the major runways. (It could also put more parking revenue in their pockets).

No comments:

Post a Comment